Wednesday, November 7, 2007

"Bug" A new twist of the Horror Genre

Now obviously I haven't read every review on "Bug" but from what I have read, nobody seems to get what this movie is about and it's pissing me off because they seem to be watering down how powerful of a story and character study this truly is. *spoiler alert* Don't read if you haven't seen this movie yet!!!

This movie is about crystal meth and the effects it can have on people. It also deals with co-dependant psychosis that is common in meth addicts. It was disguised as cocaine in the movie to avoid being obvious as to what was really going on. But Ashley Judd's character was also a meth cook evident in her grocery supplies. I can see why people might be upset, movie goers that were expecting a piece of trash like "Cabin Fever" or "Eight Legged-Freaks" were actually treated to something more real like a "Requiem for a Dream" meets "Spun". I can see how that would make a person with an IQ of 15 or less, a little mad. (Go watch Pirates of the Carribean next time you unoriginal bastards)
I didn't see this movie in the theatre, but I just rented it over the weekend and I was able to watch it a couple times. The first time I saw this movie I thought the charcters were just plain crazy, but upon seeing it for the second time, the fact that this was a meth movie was so obvious.
Early in the film Ashley Judd's character Agnes goes to the grocery store and buys no food just certain household chemicals such as Drano, some kind of cleaning chemical, and Liquor. Meth heads rarely eat food, also evident when Peter picks them up breakfast and they barely touch the muffin that he bought for both of them to share. Goss' character (Agnes' ex-husband) mentioned on more than one occasion that Agnes had gotten thinner since he last saw her. Meth rots your teeth, that's why the earliest form of discomfort came from Peter's tooth. Next comes the chemical burns and constant picking at your skin to make you look like the walking dead. The sores and lesions were burns and and self mutilation. Not to mention that bugs on or under your skin is one of the most common side effects of bad drugs
If you've never been around people that are "spun" (a word to discribe a multi-day meth binge without sleeping for days) then I can see how you might think the acting was over the top. However, the paranoia is really that bad. I've known people like this and it's a tragic situation to be around. Conspiracy theories run rapant, usually its the cops that are everywhere, not the military but since Peter actually did have history in the military, his conspiracy theories are far more sinister than simple cops outside the door.
Peter was a mentally unstable meth addict that found someone that cooked meth and that he could stay with and have all the meth he wanted. Agnes was a broken woman with no sense of joy, and being in close quarters doing drugs with a madman was the only thing she had to hang onto after the loss of her son 10 years prior and an abusive ex-husband always threatening her. She follows Peter down the path to destruction and finds anyway to make Peter's theories make sense, no matter how far fetched. The sybolism used to illistrate that fact was done ingeniously when Peter leaves her during the night but then comes back and tells her the story of the doctors doing experiments on him in the military. The whole time Peter is telling the story from his side of the door we hear a survelence helicopter near the motel but when the camera is showing Agnes locked inside the bathroom we hear no helicopter. However, by the time that he is done telling his story we see Agnes shed a tear, and tell him she doesn't want him to go, and right after that we can hear the helicopter inside the bathroom with her now. This is great way of illustrating that she is now willing to follow Peter into his path of self destruction and insanity.
The Doctor at the end of the film represented the only thing that could restore Agnes to her right mind but when Peter kills him, it was the same as killing Agnes. The ending is painfully beautiful. They complete their mental transformation into the Drone and Queen bug. In their minds they light themselves on fire to save the human race because if they burn themselves and the motel then the bugs cannot escape into the world and infest other people. You can't help but feel for these characters. I normally don't like anything Ashley Judd does but this was far and away the best character developement I've seen in a movie since Eric Bana's character in Munich. The story of Agnes and Peter is one that I will never forget.
One knock I've heard on this film is that "It isn't scary". But for someone with a friend or family member that is actively using methanphetymine, this film is scarier than Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Psycho put together. 3 Thumbs up!!!


Wednesday, April 4, 2007

My spiritual journey: Christianity to Godnostic part 3 of 3: Walking through Hell to find peace.

When I left you last I was jobless, I had to move back in with my parents, I had just been dumped by Katie, and I was drinking constantly. Obviously, I can't blame all of this on my new found Atheism, but I think it was the final nail in my coffin to a full-blown downward spiral. I continued to write tortured poetry, and flaws of the gnostic religions. After I found out that Katie was already hooking up with guys within a week of our breakup I became extremely depressed. She was already in the process of falling out of love with me before the breakup, so for her it was an easier transition. I would have been fine if I thought she was just sitting around the house feeling sorry for herself like me. After being her everything, I felt that I must not have mattered as much to her as I thought. There was even a day when suicide didn't sound like a bad idea. Now that I had no fear of hell, what's the worst that could happen? Eternal sleep? That would have been fine. Then I snapped out of it and figured that I needed to stop being a pussy and letting someone else have control over my emotions. She is a great person, and I learned a lot about relatioships and love from her, but it was time to move on.
I didn't want to find a new job and work 9 to 5. I just wanted my bed, my bottle, and my pencil. I was in a rut and things needed to change. But ya know what they say about alcoholics, before it gets better, it has to get worse. Buckle the fuck up, this was a bumpy ride!!

My parents were cool about me moving back in but they still wanted me to get a job so I could pay some rent and keep up with my car payments. I milked that out for a long time by posting resumes on and never checking the results. After a while I think I took my internal clock out of any type of work-like schedule. I was staying up until 6 or 7 in the morning and sleeping in until 3 or 4 in the afternoon. It was pretty patheitc waking up every morning knowing I hadn't done shit for yet another day. After a while I started running out of excuses for why I was always home and never looking for jobs so I took my show on the road. I packed up my Hyundai with a chair, cooler, cd's, and a backpack full of literature and notepads. I'd go to different parking lots in Williamston and sit in the passenger side of the car read, write, and drink. I would always get bored just sitting there so I decided to move my party over to the Meridian Mall. I spent many an afternoon in Schuler's books as I numbed myself to everything and focused on hypocracies. This atheism was giving me freedom, the freedom to go ahead and live life without consequence. Then "consequence" happened. After knocking back a pint in Schuler's I decided to go to Ruby Tuesday's and watch the '04 presidential election. While there, I had some more drinks and left. Apparantly when I left I was visually drunk because a security guard followed me out to my car and as soon as I put the key in the ignition he asked me to step out of the car. I blew a .23 BAC and had to do a couple days in jail and plenty of probation and fines. Not long after that I got a ticket for "disturbing the peace" because I ran from a cop when I was leaving a party. I wasn't doing anything wrong, I must have just thought it would have been funny. I got about 20 yards down the sidewalk until I derfed-out right on my face. The cop then put me in a wicked-fresh cross-face chicken wing. The most embarrassing thing that I ever did occured at a track meet. I was sitting in my lawn chair in the woods behind the Williamston Football field and Track. It was the first beautiful day of spring and I just wanted to be out in nature for the day. When I heard the PA start announcing the field events my mind traveled down memory lane. I was on the Williamston Track team in high school so I wanted to hang out with old coaches and former teammates that were currently coaching. I wanted to re-experience the atmosphere that I loved to compete in while in high school. There was only one problem, it was 5 O'clock pm and I had been drinking since 11 am. Therefore, I proceeded to make a complete dildo out of myself in front of peers, parents, athletes, and worst of all the coaches that I respected so much. Before long someone had called the cops and they had me escorted off the premises. Luckily I didn't get a fine, but I should have. I still worry that I will see one of those coaches in the grocery store someday and I will be too embarrassed to even walk up and apologize. I was disgusted, I stayed in bed for a day deliberating if the path that I was on spiritually was working out. Obviously it wasn't. I wanted to save myself from that type of embarrassment from ever happening again. So I vowed to hit the job search hard and limit my drinking to weekends. The money that I had saved was pretty much gone. I figured I'd do that after May 19, 2005. May 19 was the opening of Star Wars episode III and me and some of my dork-ass friends wanted to go tailgating at Celebration Cinema and go to an afternoon show after we had some drinks. After I had been there for about a half hour I got calls from both of my friends saying they couldn't make it. I figured I was already there and already had a fifth in my possession, so I decided to go it alone. I drank most of the fifth in the car and by the time I got into the theater I was on a different planet. I plopped myself into a chair and passed out about 5 minutes into the movie. I woke up just in time to see the credits. (that was $8 well spent) As I walked to my car I finished up what was left of the fifth that I had poured into my $5 cherry coke from the theater. I got in the car and everything seemed ok, but by the time I got onto the expressway things were not cool at all. It was crowded, raining, visibility was low, and worst of all, I was seeing double. I knew that I had to get off the expressway. I started getting so scared that I wasn't gonna live past the night. I wouldn't have the opportunity to do any of the things in life that I was so passionate about accomplishing. I started praying to a god that I had denied and and mocked. I was looking for anything to help me through. I don't know if a higher power intervened but simply by praying calmed me down and helped me focus on the task at hand. I got off on the Okemos exit and parked at Big Boy I racked my brain as to who I could call. I tried many of my friends and I got many voicemails. I didn't want to drive all the way back to Williamston so I went to anyones house I could think of in the area. I just wanted a place to sober up and crash for the night but every apt, house, or condo I went to was empty. Nobody was home and I had checked at least 7 places. Finally I decided that I needed to get home before it got too late. As I was driving down Beech st. in East Lansing I was playing with my radio and crashed into a telephone pole going about 15 miles per hour. I couldn't get it off the curb so I fled the scene because I knew I couldn't pass the breathalyzer if the cops showed up. I ended up sleeping inside a garage of a house that I lived at with my friends Kortney and Jason. Soon enough I woke up to a flashlight in my eyes, the cops apparantly tracked me with a scent dog from the accident site. That was DUI #2 and this time it didn't fall on deaf ears. I was actually somewhat relieved that I was being forced to take some steps to getting my issues taken care of.
I was in jail for a little longer this time. The first thing that I did when I got to jail was ask my mom to start looking for some in-patient rehab facilities. I figured if I told her that while I was so low emotionally. I couldn't go back on it after I got out. Jail was crazy this time around. I had a really scary roomate and he snored like a bear, every time I kicked his bed to get him to shut up he would threaten to kill me. What a tool!! I passed my time in jail reading Atheism: The Case Against God by George H. Smith. He made some good points to show flaws of religions. But after reading some of his opinions, I realized how hypocritical the Atheist viewpoint is. This smug bastard was so full of himself for apparantly having all the answers to everything. He was guilty of the same "faith" that he was attacking religious people for. If an atheist has the absolute faith that there isn't a god, isn't that the same thing as a christian that has absolute faith that there is a god? I think so, considering neither are proveable one way or the other, but they both debate like their views are facts. One of them is wrong or maybe they are both partially right or wrong who knows? The worst part is I knew that I was guilty of these douchebag crimes. This is when I read in Mr. Smith's book about what he called "weak atheists" also known as agnostics.
I was intrigued as I started to read about what the agnostics believe and it made me feel stupid that I was 24 years old and their views were honestly the only thing that made sense. I couldn't believe that it took me so long to embrace something that was so obvious. Agnostics believe that God is unknowable in this lifetime on earth. Maybe there is a god, maybe not. Since it is unprovable why debate about it like the christians and atheists? Why kill for gods in Holy Wars when you have no solid basis to take another's life other than a 2000 year old book? After getting out of jail I had all these ideas as to what I wanted to do with myself. I relaized I did want to go back to work and actually get on a regular schedule. My mom showed me some of the places that she was looking at for rehab and the best one for the cost and statistics was called Sundown M. Ranch in Yakama, Washington. I was excited as hell, not only was I gonna be getting some much needed maintenanece but I was also getting a chance to fly out to the west coast and hang out in the Yakama Valley.
I flew out there in June, it was a 27 day program. The schedule was strict but I loved it. I'll go into this whole rehab experience in depth in another blog because I can't do it justice within the context of this article. I will just touch on the spiritual aspects. In most recovery programs there are the 12 steps. In this program we were to complete the first 5 before we left. I had no problem with the first step which was admitting that I was out of control. I had no fear of steps 4 and 5 either. But steps 2 and 3 just didn't seem right. Step 2 is: "Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity". Step 3 is: "Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood him." What kind of shit is that? So here I am an agnostic, who not even a month before was a devout atheist fighting off the myth of God on the frontlines, and I'm supposed to just change everything I believe in because I drink too much? I was too educated on religion and the idea of god to simply be scared into believing in whatever the counselor told me. They would find loopholes around the wording and say "your higher power doesn't have to be "God", it could simply be that chair over there." I would look at them and be like "How can that chair give me the inner strength to stop drinking?" They obviously had no answers for that.
It was crunchtime, I had finished my first step and tommorrow it was my turn to do the 2nd and 3rd steps. We had worksheets that we needed to do before we went to class and officially did them. These worksheets had a bunch of questions about our "God" and I had no answers. After becoming frustrated with the whole thing I decided to go outside at dusk while there was still some light outside. As I was walking around the beautiful complex I looked around at all the mountains and cliffs that surrounded me. The sky was shades of purple, orange, and pink. The temperature was 70 degrees with a slight breeze. Everything about this night was perfect. I walked over to the white picket fence that surrounded the facility and looked up towards the face of a cliff. There was a hawk gliding in the air on a current and although we were more than a mile away from one another I felt connected with it. It was just hovering their high in the air looking right at me. A feeling of euphoria filled me up. Actually to be honest, I felt like I had been inhaling nitrous oxcide (laughing gas). I just stood there and smiled at the fact that I finally felt some type of supernatural force come into my life. I knew that the God in the religious books was not the god that worked for me. I wanted something I could see and feel. I chose "nature" and all of god's creations to be my higher power. Ever since that day, I haven't had a day where the beauty on this planet hasn't absolutely blown my mind.
Now that I knew that I had a higher power it was time to work on my other issues. Not necessarily my drinking, but my mindset as an alcoholic. As an alcoholic I lived life as 2 different people. The person that I wanted people to see me as, and the secretive and unthuthful person that I was when I was alone. I got very good at calling people's bullshit in our group sessions at the Ranch and I started to just spill my guts to complete strangers about things I had done that none of my friends or family members knew about. It was very freeing, and I was liberated with how much better I felt by just telling the truth, instead of trying to give into my facade. Halfway into my time at Sundown Ranch I was leading our group meetings. I was also the guy people came to for help with their assignments and steps. After finishing that program I felt like I could do anything. I started going to AA meetings and slowly but surely I became numb to any types of negative feelings. After being in recovery programs for months as well as my time in jail, I heard so many stories of abuse, rape, child protective services, vehicular homocide, and every single other attrocity that can happen to people. I just lost the ability to be sad or upset about anything. I have been so blessed on this earth. I was born in America, I grew up on a lake, I have the greatest parents in the world, I have don't have any physical or mental disabilities, I have great friends, and I've had all the opportunities and advantages that anyone could ever need, and the cherry on top is a job and coworkers that make my carreer enjoyable everyday. There is no need to worry about the things that we have no control over. All we can do is enjoy life to the best of our ablities and do positive things for our fellow man and environment.
I still referred to myself as an agnostic for quite a while simply because there was no term in exsistence for what I really was. I was somebody that believed in a God but not in the context of any of the Holy books. I like to believe in an afterlife, but that's something that is completely unproveable as well. I will continue to try and live life as a good person and when I die if there is a heaven, I hope to go there. There can only be good to come out of a society if it's individuals believe that helping their fellow man can grant them passage to paradise. Atheists will probably call me gullible, but that's fine. I believe god communicates through different frequencies with everyone including the Atheists. It keeps our society diverse in faith as well as scientific progress. So what to call my new rligion, agnostic was simply too neutral. If my belief in god was a glass it would be at least 75% full. I was talking on the phone with my friend Andy one day and we were discussing my beliefs and Andy came up with the term "Godnostic". I liked it because it was pro-god but I still leave the possibility open that there may not be any divine creator because, if our belief in god is simply because we believe that nothing can be created without intelligent design, then what intelligently designed god? If you response is: God simply "is", then wouldn't that mean that the universe could just exsist? However, that is more philosophical than spiritual. I choose to believe, it makes my life more enjoyable. I've studied up on religion and I have honed it to custum fit my life and personality. I plan to keep Godnostisism very broad and flexible. Other religions have suffered by trying to sharpen and make too specific certain translations. Christianity has been broken into 2500 pieces which is pretty amazing considering they are all studying out of the same book!! Flexibility is the key.
I have a long way to go on my path of life. I'm not gonna turn this into an after school movie, because I do still drink on occasion. However, I only drink on weekends and usually even that is just Friday night. I'm an alcoholic and I enjoy drinking. I havn't been in any trouble in 2 years, and when I drink it's more of a social thing than a "drown my pain" kind of thing. It's not perfect, but I'm living my life and enjoying every second, when it all comes down to it isn't that experiencing the glory of God's greatest gift- Life?? Hope you enjoyed the 3 part series that has given a glimpse into some of my darkest and most uplifting experiences. Till next time, your favorite, and mine-- Tabor


Monday, April 2, 2007

My spiritual journey from Christian to Godnostic. Part 2 of 3: Breaking Free

Here we go again, part 2. I explained in the first blog that I became a christian by default. I never questioned what my parents told me in the ways of religion. However, I wasn't active in any capacity in that religion for another few years. My mom and I didn't start going to church regularly until I was in 4th grade. I think she waited that long because she didn't want to be one of those annoying parents that bring their really young kids to church that cry and throw temper tantrums throughout mass. Those types just end up pissing everybody off. Especially because those kids aren't even paying attention they're just there to ruin everyone's experience. My Dad never attended church with my mom and I because he was a protestant and we were going to a catholic church. (I think it's because he just didn't want to go, I didn't blame him) I think I enjoyed the idea of church for about 3 weeks, then it kinda went downhill. Christianity worked for me when it was purely about faith in Jesus and the afterlife but I hated church. I hated the fact that I had to wake up early on the one of the few days I got to sleep in. I didn't understand why mass averaged out to an hour and 15 minutes when it was an hour of the same shit week to week with a 15 minute sermon. People droning on with the same chants and responses to the preists words, most of whom were comatose and reciting words out of habit rather than actually understanding what they're saying. Sit, stand, kneel, stand, kneel,sit anyone who has been to a catholic mass can relate to this. Does god really care how our body's are positioned as we worship? Maybe when we kneel it sends out some type of dogmatic frenquency through our vocal cords and that's the only frenquency gods ears can hear. I still don't see why church had to be so repetitive. I listened to the sermon because that was the only thing that I got anything out of. It was a man interpreting the bible to draw parrallels to today's world, and that's actually effective and enlightening at times.
I also had to go to church school (CCD) that meant going to church in the morning on sunday, coming home, watching some football then right in the middle of the afternoon game I had to go right back to the parrish hall for a 2 hour class about the bible. This was a class taught by parents that didn't have teaching degrees. They just kinda winged-it and added their own little spins on every little thing. Needless to say, I never got into it. After being involved with that for 3 years I finally told my mom that I didn't care what the punishment would be, but there was no way in hell I was going back for my 8th grade year. I would have been able to be "confirmed" if I would have stuck with it for one more year but I couldn't handle it anymore. My mom wasn't thrilled with my attitude towards CCD but she understood.
In 10th grade, I moved from Byron to Williamston. The 2 towns were only about 25 miles away from one another but there was a huge contrast between the two. In Byron, I was only kid out of all my friends that had to go to church. In Williamston, almost every single one of my friends attended church. Even by surrounding myself with people of faith it didn't do anything for my steadily declining respect for the catholic church. I still considered myself a christian throughout this period, but attending church was by far the least favorite thing in my life.
Finally when I turned 18, my mom told me that I no longer had to go to church if I didn't want to. I felt bad that she was going to have to attend alone but I was ready to be done with church forever. I was happy to have my faith in Christ without having to conform to the bible's rules, attend church, or water my faith down with ritualistic BS. Luckily I didn't have to wait very long for my guilty conscience to stop pestering me to go to church with my mom because she just stopped going. One Sunday I came upstairs and saw my mom sitting on the couch reading a book during mass hours. I asked her why she wasn't at church and she told me that she hadn't went to church for the last couple weeks. I felt responsible somehow, maybe she stopped going because she didn't have anybody to go with. She went on to tell me all about how they were taking a collection plate around the church asking people to donate money to help the pedophile preists pay for their court fees. After that, I don't think that either of us ever set foot in a catholic church again. But that's fine, my mom and I have both grown so much stronger spiritually without the churches help.
About a week after I graduated from high school I started dating a beautiful young lady named Katie. Katie was everything that I wanted in a girl. Kind, gorgeous, smart, well mannered, and funny. She made me wanna be someone that I knew in my heart I wasn't. She was a 4.0 GPA student in high school with plenty of faith in Jesus, she was drug-free and a virgin. I basically got by with a slightly higher than a 2.0 GPA, my faith was shaky at best, I smoked pot on a daily basis, and I was not a virgin. But we loved each other and I hid much of my baggage from her. She ended up getting me to go to church again. Her mom was a hardcore christian, the type of lady that only listens to music that's christian themed. Her faith is everything to her, but inside her heart she is very depressed. She tries to make that pain go away by doing anything and everything for her family and friends, but she neglects herself in the process. Katie wasn't quite as gung-ho about church as her mom. She liked to sleep in as much as I did so we definately missed church more than we attended. When we did attend we started going to a nondenominational church because we were both disgusted by the catholic church that we attended in high school. The nondenominal church was the best christian stronghold I had ever been in. The people actually seemed to enjoy themselves, they laughed, danced, sang, and "felt the holy spirit" Although I never got into the cheesy christian rock I liked this church because it wasn't repetitve. Every week was different, if the pastor forgot something, no big deal, he'd do it next week. It felt more spontaneous and "from the heart" than Catholic church. Kate and I attended sporadically for the next few years, and it was fine. I liked the pastor and he actually gave me advice I could apply to my personal life. It's also kind of funny that the one pastor that actually got me to listen was also the one that started me on my journey away from christianity. I think maybe if I would have paid attention in church or CCD when I was younger I would have come to these conclusions earlier. Since I paid attention to Pastor Brad, I realized that the majority of these stories that he was referencing from the bible were not historically accurate, scientifically accurate, nor logical in the slightest sense. I was told the story of Jonah and the Whale and nearly burst out in laughter in the middle of the service. I started viewing the bible maybe not so much a text meant to be taken literally, but more as a guide to living a better life through stories and parables. (B.I.B.L.E. "Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth") This made me thirst for knowledge, and therefore I did what very few christians do...I actually read the friggin' BIBLE!! I was intrigued with finding the truth about Jesus. I was a little taken aback when I found more detours, absurdities, and flat out hogwash the further I read. I wanted so desperately to believe in God and Heaven but to no avail. I started becoming skeptical and questioned everything faith-related. One night when I was 23, I was sitting in the living room watching Larry King Live. He had on a guest that looked familiar but I couldn't put a name with his face, this guest ended up being Bill Maher. He was very bold and unapologetic towards christianity, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I figured people would have been calling in to yell at him or threaten him with fire and brimstone, little did I know what a strong following he had. He was funny, but more importantly he was logical and intelligent from a common-sense perspective. He had a way of making the biblical doctrines sound so ridiculous that only a moron would believe them. He spoke the words I wanted to hear at that point in my life. I started slowly leaning towards atheism.
While Katie and I were living together I started bringing home books on atheism. I was still too much of a pansy to tell her that I wasn't a christian anymore so I made up some excuse that I was simply using these atheism books to get a different perspective than the christian perspective I had been fed my entire life. (Which was true in a sense) I also just assumed that all the great minds in the history of the world were christians. I thought words like Atheist and Heretic were the same thing as pure evil. As I researched I found that Atheism was no more than the absense of belief in god and that heresy was actually a beautiful thing. Heretic comes from a latin word that means "choice" . A heretic is nothing more than someone who chooses a different religion than the prominant one in their society. Therefore in the middle east a christian would be considered a heretic. As I did research I realized that the majority of the great minds in the world were Atheists. (Stephen Hawking, Ben Franklin, Isaac Asimov, Fredric Neitze, Karl Marx, Albert Einstein, Mark Twain, Magellan, Karl Sagan, Thomas Jefferson, Voltire, etc.) They all had expressed varying degrees of Atheism but all of them were 100% against the church. I figured if all the smart people of history were atheists then I wanted to weild that type of intellectual superiority over everyone. I basically became a flat-out asshole. I was one of those guys that would go into christian and muslim chat rooms and talk down to them about their faith. I statred being more open about my beliefs and I would debate people at work or in social settings to point out the flaws of their beliefs. I was so happy to be learning something, I wanted to flex my new found brain muscles over the weak minded. Since there was no consequence to my shitty attitude I basically started drinking everyday. I enjoyed knocking back shots of vodka as I read book after book on religions, governments, and philosophies. I started writing heavily. I wrote poems, short stories, 100 pages of a screenplay, chat rooms message boards, and anything else that was in the line of fire from my new found passion for knowledge. Due to the fact that I was in constant state of intoxication and high and mightiness, my relationship with Kate started falling apart slowly. It was a couple months coming when we finally broke up. I can't blame her, I always thought she was out of my league anyway.
I moved back home with my parents and continued on my search for knowledge. My drinking got worse and with all the pride I felt for finally breaking the shackles of christianity. I started becoming a person that I hated. The more I learned, the more I became jaded until their was nothing left but a guy that based his entire life around drinking and debating, nothing else mattered. I stopped going to my job and I guess you could say I was in a temporary state of depression. I guess ignorance is bliss, and I was much happier living in an artificial bubble than while I was exposed to my new reality. I had a long way to go spiritually and personally to get me back on my feet. Stay tuned to find out if I survived or not in the next edition of "That Tabor Guy". Oh and here's a list I found on the internet of biblical contradictions back in 2003 that steered me towards Atheism. Some are petty, but some are still pretty prominant. I would definately like some feedback from my christian readers regarding some of these claims. Till next time, your favorite, and mine-- Tabor

1. God is satisfied with his works
Gen 1:31
God is dissatisfied with his works.
Gen 6:6
2. God dwells in chosen temples
2 Chron 7:12,16
God dwells not in temples
Acts 7:48
3. God dwells in light
Tim 6:16
God dwells in darkness
1 Kings 8:12/ Ps 18:11/ Ps 97:2
4. God is seen and heard
Ex 33:23/ Ex 33:11/ Gen 3:9,10/ Gen 32:30/ Is 6:1/
Ex 24:9-11
God is invisible and cannot be heard
John 1:18/ John 5:37/ Ex 33:20/ 1 Tim 6:16
5. God is tired and rests
Ex 31:17
God is never tired and never rests
Is 40:28
6. God is everywhere present, sees and knows all things
Prov 15:3/ Ps 139:7-10/ Job 34:22,21
God is not everywhere present, neither sees nor knows all
Gen 11:5/ Gen 18:20,21/ Gen 3:8
7. God knows the hearts of men
Acts 1:24/ Ps 139:2,3
God tries men to find out what is in their heart
Deut 13:3/ Deut 8:2/ Gen 22:12
8. God is all powerful
Jer 32:27/ Matt 19:26
God is not all powerful
Judg 1:19
9. God is unchangeable
James 1:17/ Mal 3:6/ Ezek 24:14/ Num 23:19
God is changeable
Gen 6:6/ Jonah 3:10/ 1 Sam 2:30,31/ 2 Kings 20:1,4,5,6/
Ex 33:1,3,17,14
10. God is just and impartial
Ps 92:15/ Gen 18:25/ Deut 32:4/ Rom 2:11/ Ezek 18:25
God is unjust and partial
Gen 9:25/ Ex 20:5/ Rom 9:11-13/ Matt 13:12
11. God is the author of evil
Lam 3:38/ Jer 18:11/ Is 45:7/ Amos 3:6/ Ezek 20:25
God is not the author of evil
1 Cor 14:33/ Deut 32:4/ James 1:13
12. God gives freely to those who ask
James 1:5/ Luke 11:10
God withholds his blessings and prevents men from receiving
John 12:40/ Josh 11:20/ Is 63:17
13. God is to be found by those who seek him
Matt 7:8/ Prov 8:17
God is not to be found by those who seek him
Prov 1:28
14. God is warlike
Ex 15:3/ Is 51:15
God is peaceful
Rom 15:33/ 1 Cor 14:33
15. God is cruel, unmerciful, destructive, and ferocious
Jer 13:14/ Deut 7:16/ 1 Sam 15:2,3/ 1 Sam 6:19
God is kind, merciful, and good
James 5:11/ Lam 3:33/ 1 Chron 16:34/ Ezek 18:32/ Ps 145:9/
1 Tim 2:4/ 1 John 4:16/ Ps 25:8
16. God's anger is fierce and endures long
Num 32:13/ Num 25:4/ Jer 17:4
God's anger is slow and endures but for a minute
Ps 103:8/ Ps 30:5
17. God commands, approves of, and delights in burnt offerings,
sacrifices ,and holy days
Ex 29:36/ Lev 23:27/ Ex 29:18/ Lev 1:9
God disapproves of and has no pleasure in burnt offerings,
sacrifices, and holy days.
Jer 7:22/ Jer 6:20/ Ps 50:13,4/ Is 1:13,11,12
18. God accepts human sacrifices
2 Sam 21:8,9,14/ Gen 22:2/ Judg 11:30-32,34,38,39
God forbids human sacrifice
Deut 12:30,31
19. God tempts men
Gen 22:1/ 2 Sam 24:1/ Jer 20:7/ Matt 6:13
God tempts no man
James 1:13
20. God cannot lie
Heb 6:18
God lies by proxy; he sends forth lying spirits t deceive
2 Thes 2:11/ 1 Kings 22:23/ Ezek 14:9
21. Because of man's wickedness God destroys him
Gen 6:5,7
Because of man's wickedness God will not destroy him
Gen 8:21
22. God's attributes are revealed in his works.
Rom 1:20
God's attributes cannot be discovered
Job 11:7/ Is 40:28
23. There is but one God
Deut 6:4
There is a plurality of gods
Gen 1:26/ Gen 3:22/ Gen 18:1-3/ 1 John 5:7

Moral Precepts

24. Robbery commanded
Ex 3:21,22/ Ex 12:35,36
Robbery forbidden
Lev 19:13/ Ex 20:15
25. Lying approved and sanctioned
Josh 2:4-6/ James 2:25/ Ex 1:18-20/ 1 Kings 22:21,22
Lying forbidden
Ex 20:16/ Prov 12:22/ Rev 21:8
26. Hatred to the Edomite sanctioned
2 Kings 14:7,3
Hatred to the Edomite forbidden
Deut 23:7
27. Killing commanded
Ex 32:27
Killing forbidden
Ex 20:13
28. The blood-shedder must die
Gen 9:5,6
The blood-shedder must not die
Gen 4:15
29. The making of images forbidden
Ex 20:4
The making of images commanded
Ex 25:18,20
30. Slavery and oppression ordained
Gen 9:25/ Lev 25:45,46/ Joel 3:8
Slavery and oppression forbidden
Is 58:6/ Ex 22:21/ Ex 21:16/ Matt 23:10
31. Improvidence enjoyed
Matt 6:28,31,34/ Luke 6:30,35/ Luke 12:3
Improvidence condemned
1 Tim 5:8/ Prov 13:22
32. Anger approved
Eph 4:26
Anger disapproved
Eccl 7:9/ Prov 22:24/ James 1:20
33. Good works to be seen of men
Matt 5:16
Good works not to be seen of men
Matt 6:1
34. Judging of others forbidden
Matt 7:1,2
Judging of others approved
1 Cor 6:2-4/ 1 Cor 5:12
35. Christ taught non-resistance
Matt 5:39/ Matt 26:52
Christ taught and practiced physical resistance
Luke 22:36/ John 2:15
36. Christ warned his followers not to fear being killed
Luke 12:4
Christ himself avoided the Jews for fear of being killed
John 7:1
37. Public prayer sanctioned
1 Kings 8:22,54, 9:3
Public prayer disapproved
Matt 6:5,6
38. Importunity in prayer commended
Luke 18:5,7
Importunity in prayer condemned
Matt 6:7,8
39. The wearing of long hair by men sanctioned
Judg 13:5/ Num 6:5
The wearing of long hair by men condemned
1 Cor 11:14
40. Circumcision instituted
Gen 17:10
Circumcision condemned
Gal 5:2
41. The Sabbath instituted
Ex 20:8
The Sabbath repudiated
Is 1:13/ Rom 14:5/ Col 2:16
42. The Sabbath instituted because God rested on the seventh day
Ex 20:11
The Sabbath instituted because God brought the Israelites
out of Egypt
Deut 5:15
43. No work to be done on the Sabbath under penalty of death
Ex 31:15/ Num 15:32,36
Jesus Christ broke the Sabbath and justified his disciples in
the same
John 5:16/ Matt 12:1-3,5
44. Baptism commanded
Matt 28:19
Baptism not commanded
1 Cor 1:17,14
45. Every kind of animal allowed for food.
Gen 9:3/ 1 Cor 10:25/ Rom 14:14
Certain kinds of animals prohibited for food.
Deut 14:7,8
46. Taking of oaths sanctioned
Num 30:2/ Gen 21:23-24,31/ Gen 31:53/ Heb 6:13
Taking of oaths forbidden
Matt 5:34
47. Marriage approved
Gen 2:18/ Gen 1:28/ Matt 19:5/ Heb 13:4
Marriage disapproved
1 Cor 7:1/ 1 Cor 7:7,8
48. Freedom of divorce permitted
Deut 24:1/ Deut 21:10,11,14
Divorce restricted
Matt 5:32
49. Adultery forbidden
Ex 20:14/ Heb 13:4
Adultery allowed
Num 31:18/ Hos 1:2; 2:1-3
50. Marriage or cohabitation with a sister denounced
Deut 27:22/ Lev 20:17
Abraham married his sister and God blessed the union
Gen 20:11,12/ Gen 17:16
51. A man may marry his brother's widow
Deut 25:5
A man may not marry his brother's widow
Lev 20:21
52. Hatred to kindred enjoined
Luke 14:26
Hatred to kindred condemned
Eph 6:2/ Eph 5:25,29
53. Intoxicating beverages recommended
Prov 31:6,7/ 1 Tim 5:23/ Ps 104:15
Intoxicating beverages discountenanced
Prov 20:1/ Prov 23:31,32
54. It is our duty to obey our rulers, who are God's ministers
and punish evil doers only
Rom 13:1-3,6
It is not our duty to obey rulers, who sometimes punish the
good and receive unto themselves damnation therefor
Ex 1:17,20/ Dan 3:16,18/ Dan 6:9,7,10/ Acts 4:26,27/
Mark 12:38,39,40/ Luke 23:11,24,33,35
55. Women's rights denied
Gen 3:16/ 1 Tim 2:12/ 1 Cor 14:34/ 1 Pet 3:6
Women's rights affirmed
Judg 4:4,14,15/ Judg 5:7/ Acts 2:18/ Acts 21:9
56. Obedience to masters enjoined
Col 3:22,23/ 1 Pet 2:18
Obedience due to God only
Matt 4:10/ 1 Cor 7:23/ Matt 23:10
57. There is an unpardonable sin
Mark 3:29
There is not unpardonable sin
Acts 13:39

Historical Facts

58. Man was created after the other animals
Gen 1:25,26,27
Man was created before the other animals
Gen 2:18,19
59. Seed time and harvest were never to cease
Gen 8:22
Seed time and harvest did cease for seven years
Gen 41:54,56/ Gen 45:6
60. God hardened Pharaoh's heart
Ex 4:21/ Ed 9:12
Pharaoh hardened his own heart
Ex 8:15
61. All the cattle and horses in Egypt died
Ex 9:3,6/ 14:9
All the horses of Egypt did not die
Ex 14:9
62. Moses feared Pharaoh
Ex 2:14,15,23; 4:19
Moses did not fear Pharaoh
Heb 11:27
63. There died of the plague twenty-four thousand
Num 25:9
There died of the plague but twenty-three thousand
1 Cor 10:8
64. John the Baptist was Elias
Matt 11:14
John the Baptist was not Elias
John 1:21
65. The father of Joseph, Mary's husband was Jacob
Matt 1:16
The father of Mary's husband was Heli
Luke 3:23
66. The father of Salah was Arphaxad
Gen 11:12
The father of Salah was Cainan
Luke 3:35,36
67. There were fourteen generations from Abraham to David
Matt 1:17
There were but thirteen generations from Abraham to David
Matt 1:2-6
68. There were fourteen generations from the Babylonian captivity
to Christ.
Matt 1:17
There were but thirteen generations from the Babylonian
captivity to Christ
Matt 1:12-16
69. The infant Christ was taken into Egypt
Matt 2:14,15,19,21,23
The infant Christ was not taken into Egypt
Luke 2:22, 39
70. Christ was tempted in the wilderness
Mark 1:12,13
Christ was not tempted in the wilderness
John 2:1,2
71. Christ preached his first sermon on the mount
Matt 5:1,2
Christ preached his first sermon on the plain
Luke 6:17,20
72. John was in prison when Jesus went into Galilee
Mark 1:14
John was not in prison when Jesus went into Galilee
John 1:43/ John 3:22-24
73. Christ's disciples were commanded to go forth with a staff
and sandals
Mark 6:8,9
Christ's disciples were commanded to go forth with neither
staffs nor sandals.
Matt 10:9,10
74. A woman of Canaan besought Jesus
Matt 15:22
It was a Greek woman who besought Him
Mark 7:26
75. Two blind men besought Jesus
Matt 20:30
Only one blind man besought Him
Luke 18:35,38
76. Christ was crucified at the third hour
Mark 15:25
Christ was not crucified until the sixth hour
John 19:14,15
77. The two thieves reviled Christ.
Matt 27:44/ Mark 15:32
Only one of the thieves reviled Christ
Luke 23:39,40
78. Satan entered into Judas while at supper
John 13:27
Satan entered into him before the supper
Luke 22:3,4,7
79. Judas committed suicide by hanging
Matt 27:5
Judas did not hang himself, but died another way
Acts 1:18
80. The potter's field was purchased by Judas
Acts 1:18
The potter's field was purchased by the Chief Priests
Matt 27:6,7
81. There was but one woman who came to the sepulchre
John 20:1
There were two women who came to the sepulchre
Matt 28:1
82. There were three women who came to the sepulchre
Mark 16:1
There were more than three women who came to the sepulchre
Luke 24:10
83. It was at sunrise when they came to the sepulchre
Mark 16:2
It was some time before sunrise when they came.
John 20:1
84. There were two angels seen by the women at the sepulchre, and
they were standing up.
Luke 24:4
There was but one angel seen, and he was sitting down.
Matt 28:2,5
85. There were two angels seen within the sepulchre.
John 20:11,12
There was but one angel seen within the sepulchre
Mark 16:5
86. Christ was to be three days and three nights in the grave
Matt 12:40
Christ was but two days and two nights in the grave
Mark 15:25,42,44,45,46; 16:9>
87. Holy ghost bestowed at pentecost
Acts 1:8,5
Holy ghost bestowed before pentecost
John 20:22
88. The disciples were commanded immediately after the
resurrection to go into Galilee
Matt 28:10
The disciples were commanded immediately after the
resurrection to go tarry at Jerusalem
Luke 24:49
89. Jesus first appeared to the eleven disciples in a room at
Luke 24:33,36,37/ John 20:19
Jesus first appeared to the eleven on a mountain in Galilee
Matt 28:16,17
90. Christ ascended from Mount Olivet
Acts 1:9,12
Christ ascended from Bethany
Luke 24:50,51
91. Paul's attendants heard the miraculous voice, and stood
Acts 9:7
Paul's attendants heard not the voice and were prostrate
Acts 26:14
92. Abraham departed to go into Canaan
Gen 12:5
Abraham went not knowing where
Heb 11:8
93. Abraham had two sons
Gal 4:22
Abraham had but one son
Heb 11:17
94. Keturah was Abraham's wife
Gen 25:1
Keturah was Abraham's concubine
1 Chron 1:32
95. Abraham begat a son when he was a hundred years old, by the
interposition of Providence
Gen 21:2/ Rom 4:19/ Heb 11:12
Abraham begat six children more after he was a hundred years
old without any interposition of providence
Gen 25:1,2
96. Jacob bought a sepulchre from Hamor
Josh 24:32
Abraham bought it of Hamor
Acts 7:16
97. God promised the land of Canaan to Abraham and his seed
Gen 13:14,15,17; 17:8
Abraham and his seed never received the promised land
Acts 7:5/ Heb 11:9,13
98. Goliath was slain by Elhanan
2 Sam 21:19 *note, was changed in translation to be
correct. Original manuscript was incorrect>
The brother of Goliath was slain by Elhanan
1 Chron 20:5
99. Ahaziah began to reign in the twelfth year of Joram
2 Kings 8:25
Ahaziah began to reign in the eleventh year of Joram
2 Kings 9:29
100. Michal had no child
2 Sam 6:23
Michal had five children
2 Sam 21:8
101. David was tempted by the Lord to number Israel
2 Sam 24:1
David was tempted by Satan to number the people
1 Chron 21:1
102. The number of fighting men of Israel was 800,000; and of
Judah 500,000
2 Sam 24:9
The number of fighting men of Israel was 1,100,000; and of
Judah 470,000
1 Chron 21:5
103. David sinned in numbering the people
2 Sam 24:10
David never sinned, except in the matter of Uriah
1 Kings 15:5
104. One of the penalties of David's sin was seven years of
2 Sam 24:13
It was not seven years, but three years of famine
1 Chron 21:11,12
105. David took seven hundred horsemen
2 Sam 8:4
David took seven thousand horsemen
1 Chron 18:4
106. David bought a threshing floor for fifty shekels of silver
2 Sam 24:24
David bought the threshing floor for six hundred shekels of
1 Chron 21:25
107. David's throne was to endure forever.
Ps 89:35-37
David's throne was cast down
Ps 89:44

Speculative Doctrines

108. Christ is equal with God
John 10:30/ Phil 2:5
Christ is not equal with God
John 14:28/ Matt 24:36
109. Jesus was all-powerful
Matt 28:18/ John 3:35
Jesus was not all-powerful
Mark 6:5
110. The law was superseded by the Christian dispensation
Luke 16:16/ Eph 2:15/ Rom 7:6
The law was not superseded by the Christian dispensation
Matt 5:17-19
111. Christ's mission was peace
Luke 2:13,14
Christ's mission was not peace
Matt 10:34
112. Christ received not testimony from man
John 5:33,34
Christ did receive testimony from man
John 15:27
113. Christ's witness of himself is true.
John 8:18,14
Christ's witness of himself is not true.
John 5:31
114. Christ laid down his life for his friends
John 15:13/ John 10:11
Christ laid down his life for his enemies
Rom 5:10
115. It was lawful for the Jews to put Christ to death
John 19:7
It was not lawful for the Jews to put Christ to death
John 18:31
116. Children are punished for the sins of the parents
Ex 20:5
Children are not punished for the sins of the parents
Ezek 18:20
117. Man is justified by faith alone
Rom 3:20/ Gal 2:16/ Gal 3:11,12/ Rom 4:2
Man is not justified by faith alone
James 2:21,24/ Rom 2:13
118. It is impossible to fall from grace
John 10:28/ Rom 8:38,39
It is possible to fall from grace
Ezek 18:24/ Heb 6:4-6, 2 Pet 2:20,21
119. No man is without sin
1 Kings 8:46/ Prov 20:9/ Eccl 7:20/ Rom 3:10
Christians are sinless
1 John 3: 9,6,8
120. There is to be a resurrection of the dead
1 Cor 15:52/ Rev 20:12,13/ Luke 20:37/ 1 Cor 15:16
There is to be no resurrection of the dead
Job 7:9/ Eccl 9:5/ Is 26:14
121. Reward and punishment to be bestowed in this world
Prov 11:31
Reward and punishment to be bestowed in the next world
Rev 20:12/ Matt 16:27/ 2 Cor 5:10
122. Annihilation the portion of all mankind
Job 3: 11,13-17,19-22/ Eccl 9:5,10/ Eccl 3:19,20
Endless misery the portion of all mankind
Matt 25:46/ Rev 20:10,15/ Rev 14:11/ Dan 12:2
123. The Earth is to be destroyed
2 Pet 3:10/ Heb 1:11/ Rev 20:11
The Earth is never to be destroyed
Ps 104:5/ Eccl 1:4
124. No evil shall happen to the godly
Prov 12:21/ 1 Pet 3:13
Evil does happen to the godly
Heb 12:6/ Job 2:3,7
125. Worldly good and prosperity are the lot of the godly
Prov 12:21/ Ps 37:28,32,33,37/ Ps 1:1,3/ Gen 39:2/
Job 42:12
Worldly misery and destitution the lot of the godly
Heb 11:37,38/ Rev 7:14/ 2 Tim 3:12/ Luke 21:17
126. Worldly prosperity a reward of righteousness and a blessing
Mark 10:29,30/ Ps 37:25/ Ps 112:1,3/ Job 22:23,24/
Prov 15:6
Worldly prosperity a curse and a bar to future reward
Luke 6:20,24/ Matt 6:19,21/ Luke 16:22/ Matt 19:24/
Luke 6:24
127. The Christian yoke is easy
Matt 11:28,29,30
The Christian yoke is not easy
John 16:33/ 2 Tim 3:12/ Heb 12:6,8
128. The fruit of God's spirit is love and gentleness
Gal 5:22
The fruit of God's spirit is vengeance and fury
Judg 15:14/ 1 Sam 18:10,11
129. Longevity enjoyed by the wicked
Job 21:7,8/ Ps 17:14/ Eccl 8:12/ Is 65:20
Longevity denied to the wicked
Eccl 8:13/ Ps 55:23/ Prov 10:27/ Job 36:14/ Eccl 7:17
130. Poverty a blessing
Luke 6:20,24/ Jams 2:5
Riches a blessing
Prov 10:15/ Job 22:23,24/ Job 42:12
Neither poverty nor riches a blessing
Prov 30:8,9
131. Wisdom a source of enjoyment
Prov 3:13,17
Wisdom a source of vexation, grief and sorrow
Eccl 1:17,18
132. A good name is a blessing
Eccl 7:1/ Prov 22:1
A good name is a curse
Luke 6:26
133. Laughter commended
Eccl 3:1,4/ Eccl 8:15
Laughter condemned
Luke 6:25/ Eccl 7:3,4
134. The rod of correction a remedy for foolishness
Prov 22:15
There is no remedy for foolishness
Prov 27:22
135. A fool should be answered according to his folly
Prov 26:5
A fool should not be answered according to his folly
Prov 26:4
136. Temptation to be desired
James 1:2
Temptation not to be desired
Matt 6:13
137. Prophecy is sure
2 Pet 1:19
Prophecy is not sure
Jer 18:7-10
138. Man's life was to be one hundred and twenty years
Gen 6:3/ Ps 90:10
Man's life is but seventy years
Ps 90:10
139. The fear of man was to be upon every beast
Gen 9:2
The fear of man is not upon the lion
Prov 30:30
140. Miracles a proof of divine mission
Matt 11:2-5/ John 3:2/ Ex 14:31
Miracles not a proof of divine mission
Ex 7:10-12/ Deut 13:1-3/ Luke 11:19
141. Moses was a very meek man
Num 12:3
Moses was a very cruel man
Num 31:15,17
142. Elijah went up to heaven
2 Kings 2:11
None but Christ ever ascended into heaven
John 3:13
143. All scripture is inspired
2 Tim 3:16
Some scripture is not inspired
1 Cor 7:6/ 1 Cor 7:12/ 2 Cor 11:17


Friday, March 23, 2007

My spiritual journey- Christianity to Godnostic part 1 of 3: The preprogramming of christianity.

It's been a 5 year long hobby of mine to visit numerous religious chatrooms to watch the banter of the Atheists that go to Christian rooms to blast Christians for being morons, and then in turn watching the Christians try to "save" the people in Atheist chat rooms. It just blows my mind that there are so many people on this earth that are either 100% positive that there is a god or 100% sure that there isn't a god. How can these people be 100% on something that is absolutely unprovable?? I don't mean this as a blast on either Christians or Atheists because everybody is entitled to their own beliefs. Plus the Atheist/Christian debate is the most prominant religious debate in America (Sorry Muslims). I have experience on both sides of this fence, and this is the tale I will tell you about my journey that I have made from birth and my evolution starting as a christian for the first 22 years of my life, to dabbling in atheism, eventually discovering the beauty of neutrality in agnostism, and finally defining a new religion that my friend and fellow blogger (The Revolution)coined, Godnostisism.

As a former Catholic kid growing up in a small town in mid-Michigan, I understand the pressures faced when everyone you've encounterd in your lifetime has been telling you that Jesus is everything. How can a child understand the complexilties of Christianity when all that child gets is one side of the story?
I grew up in a neighborhood that was chock full of the largest Catholic family in the township of Byron, the Cormiers. The Cormiers owned 4 houses and 3 trailers in my neighborhood. The eldest Cormiers had many children and their children all had kids by the litter. I was a nature lover since birth, and as a child enjoyed being outside in the lake, woods, and fields as much as possible. So I had constant contact with the Cormier clan because their were always a few of them running around. Donna Cormier was my babysitter for the first three years of my life. Donna was the choir leader and main singer in the choir at the local catholic church. Her husband Curry, was the Deacon of that church. Some of my first memories were of me toddling around their enormous house looking at pictures of Jesus, crucifixes, inspirational bible passages written across paintings and hung on the wall. I remember Donna singing and humming different psalms and contemporary christian music as she tidied the house. I remember how loving both her and her husband were towards everybody. These were "true" christians. They did not push their beliefs on anybody or condemn anyone to hell for believing differently than them. I also remember Donna's 2nd to the youngest son, Paris. Paris was always one of my favorites of the Cormiers. Paris always made time for me. I remember how lucky I felt that a 17 year-old like Paris wanted to hang out with a 7 year-old kid like me. We would sit in his basement and play Atari for hours. Being only 7, I never caught on to the fact that that Paris was a little slow mentally and he was also an epileptic that would have Grand Mal seizures. (I never witnessed one of his seizures) I don't think Paris really had any friends his own age and I think he was happy for my company. One summer when I was 7 and starting first grade, the Cormier clan had their annual family reunion and about 150 Cormiers from around the world would come out with rv's and tents and set up for a week or so to visit with family, worship together, eat, and of course, go swimming off the high dive. I remember it was a weekday and there were about 50 of us kids swimming and diving, way too many kids for the adults to keep their eyes on all of us. I was playing king of the raft with some of my friends and all of the sudden it started raining. We all swam back to shore and went back up to the house to dry off. After about 15 minutes people started asking if anyone had seen Paris. Panic swept the room because everyone knew of his condition and if he were to have a seizure in the water there would be no hope for him unless someone saw him go under. After calling for him for a few minutes Donna called the authorities. Police, Ambulance, and recue teams came from all the neighboring towns to search for this 17 year-old boy. It seemed like an eternity waiting for any sign of Paris. Finally after an hour or so my mom decided it was best for me to walk back up the hill and go to bed because it was past my bedtime. I think it was more because she didn't want me to be traumatized when the inevitable happened and they pulled Paris to the surface. The next morning I woke up and as I was eating my breakfast I asked my mom if they had found Paris. She said "yes" I said "good" and then as she was trying to fight off the tears she said to me "No honey, he was dead". It was a hard concept to grasp, so she did what most parents would, she told me all about Heaven and that Paris was in a better place. Naturally I believed it, why wouldn't I? My mom said it and that was always good enough for me. I remember this tragedy also gave me the opportunity to witness the power of faith. At his funeral I remember how positive Donna was, of course she was sad and she couldn't help but shed some tears but her faith in Christ was so strong that she was able to praise his name and thank god for letting her be a part of Paris' life. She never once became spiteful or vindictive towards god. I'm still in awe of the power that faith had given her.
By the time Paris had died I was already in first grade, and although I lived in Byron my whole life, I spent young fives and and kindergarten at Highland Elementary because it was easier for my mom to drop me off and pick me up from school. But my first grade experience took me a little while to make new friends at a new school because I was somewhat shy as a kid. But a couple months in, I finally made a friend and his name was Robert. Robert was a very friendly and outgoing blonde kid that had the same priorities as me, Transformers and He-Man. Due to these similarities we formed a pretty solid friendship. I remember coming home from school and telling my mom and dad about my new friend. For the next week I was in a fierce competition for "best friend" status with Robert. My nemisis was a scrappy ruffian named Shawn Groves. Shawn and Robert were friends before I showed up to Byron Elementary. However, what I lacked in longevity I made up for with my superior knowledge of He-Man and all the storylines of Eternia. This made Shawn mad. I was fine with being a trio but Shawn wanted Robert to himself. I was punched and threatened at recess for that entire week. I didn't realize that was the easy part of being friends with Robert. The next week I came to class expecting to see Robert and Shawn...I only saw Shawn. He didn't look good and the entire class was being pretty quiet, it just didn't feel right. A few minutes later my teacher Mrs. Elbract came in and asked for our attention. She told us that Robert died last night. Apparantly his dad's car stalled on the train tracks and his dad was able to get out of the seat belt and to safety but Robert didn't have enough time. I didn't question it at the time, but looking back it sounds pretty fishy. Anyway, Mrs. Elbract gave us the story of Heaven and God's "mysterious ways" (pretty ballsy for a public school)and when I got home I got the same thing from my parents. Although it was confusing, I didn't hesitate to buy into it. Afterall, I was only 7 years old and I had just lost 2 of my friends in one year. I wanted to believe that they were in some type of paradise not any of the alternatives. (By the way, Shawn Groves and I ended up becoming best friends and are still close today) And so it went for years that I considered myself a christian. And that's gonna be my main point about christianity. It's passed down from generation to generation and the majority of these people never question what they've been raised to believe since birth. It's the easiest way to explain death to a child because there's no finality and life as a spirit goes on. It's not that it's the most rational or factual religion in America, but it's the most accepted. A politician in America could never run for president if they are not Christian. Even if every view they support directly conflicts with Jesus' teachings, if they say that they're Christian that's like the gold seal of approval. But why? Only 2 of the 10 commandments are actual laws in America (Killing and Stealing). Why should everybody have to be a christian to get elected? I'll tell you, morality. Also even more shockingly, I understand why people feel like that. Not very many Americans like the idea that a person of power doesn't fear god, I don't either. The destruction caused could be limitless without the fear of consequence from a superior power. An American president would be the the dominant force to exude that type of power. We've got money, nukes, and Football we could turn the rest of the world into a wasteland within a day. Therefore it's importanat for americans to have a president that is on some type of invisable leash. If I feel that way, then I know that the majority of the American voting block does. Even though I sincerely believe that people can still be morally righteous without religion I don't want to experiment by giving a person with no faith that type of limitless power. It is my sincere belief that religion was created in order to keep humans in check, and it seems to have had at least some success over the years. So I guess even non christians shouldn't try to fix something that isn't broken. These last few sentences make me realize what a hypocrite I am, because I also don't think that religion should play a role in schools, law-making, or politics in general. I guess you could say I'm in a conundrum. I guess I want politicians to fear god, just not to push god on society. So concludes part one of this blog that I have no idea how many parts it will end with. Your favorite, and mine--Tabor


Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The cancer that is: Illegal Immigration

Obviously the issue of illegal immigration is a huge topic for discussion in America today, and it should be. It's pretty apparent that the politicians in Washington aren't gonna do a damn thing about it. I'm sorry that the quality of life isn't great in Mexico, but why should America be forced to bear the burden for Mexico's corruption? I'm all in favor of America looking out for ourselves, which we haven't done recently. With debacles like Vietnam, the Iraq War, and Bosnia I thought we would have stopped trying to help everybody else while we denied ourselves the glory that America can accomplish for her own citizens. I personally have friends on both sides of this argument. My liberal friends are too afraid to be labeled as racists to oppose illegal aliens. My friends that lean to the right are absolutely opposed to immigration in any form. The "right-leaning" friends seem to be in direct contrast to the right-wing politicians in Washington. I suppose the fact that the hispanic voting block in America is huge and anyone that wants to stand a chance at getting elected needs those votes. Also I suppose it could be because the majority of those politicians are getting their campaign contributions from large corporations. These are the same corporations that are benefitting from the fact that these illegals are working for low-as-dirt wages. Which brings me to my first point.

--"Illegal aliens are not doing jobs that Americans wont do." Americans do the same jobs as anyone else. The reason that Mexicans are taking so many jobs from Americans is because they can afford to do them for less than minimum wage. The CEO's end up with an extra 50 million per year in take home pay, but middle class American families cannot survive on minimum wage or less. However, if you're Mexican and you work in America for 6 months out of the year and spend the other 6 months in Mexico, you could live like a king. That's taking money out of our already fragile economy and giving it to Mexico. Why should we be letting a country that so openly hates us, steal away so much of our money and jobs?

--Work is not necessarily the only reason illegals come to America: For many illegals, America is seen as a land of opportunity. Not to work hard and live the American dream, but more to find loopholes and exploit them. 33% of our prison population is illegals from Mexico. Just think about how enormous of a number that is. You gotta figure in America there are so many different categories of people. (Caucasian, African American, Asian, Native American, Latino) then you have all those categories broken down into sub categories such as (born here, immigrant, illegal alien) and a friggin' THIRD of our prison population are Mexican illegals. That's where stats cease to be mere numbers and should be more like a slap upside the head from a 200 pound gorilla. Wake up!!

--Another common loophole is our Welfare system. Up to 42 percent of illegals are on welfare. That's America helping law breakers for not doing anything but sit on their asses and steal from us. People are branded as racist if they suggest that dependency on welfare had become a way of life in inner cities, or that an extremely liberal welfare system was contributing to the family breakdown and juvenile delinquency urban areas. If nothing is ever expected of you, and things are handed to you free of cost for your entire life why would you want to aspire to actually do something for yourself? I'm against lifetime welfare for U.S. born Americans so you can imagine how pissed I get when 42% of illegals are getting it. Welfare should only be available for American citizens and even they should only get it for 6 months per every 3 years. If we actually force some of the dregs of our society to contribute to our economy instead of mooching off it, they would be better off and so would the economy. Households headed by illegal aliens imposed more than $26.3 billion in costs on the federal government in 2002 and paid only $15 billion in taxes, creating a net fiscal deficit of almost $11.4 billion, or $3,100 per illegal household. That's not peanuts!!

--The guest worker program is not the answer to helping Americans: Let's just pretend for a minute that the morons are right when they say, "Mexicans are only doing the jobs that americans won't do." Like their aren't U.S. born Americans that pick lettuce or mow lawns. Give me a break!! Well it turns out that people involved with the guest worker program are being granted H-1B visas that allow them to apply for many great jobs that any American would want. Accountants, Administrators, Programmers, computer scientists, Various engineers, Technicians, Research Associates, Lawyers, Tax Analysts, Teachers, Nurses, Med-Techs, Pharmacists Dental Assistants, Architects, and Day Care to name a few. Every time an alien gets hired in to one of these jobs, it's taking it away from an American citizen. That includes screwing over the the American-born Latino population. This is not a "race" thing, which is what the pro-illegal activists are turning it into. It's a "country thing" and as American citizens it's important for us to want what's best for our country. In March 2003, the American Engineering Association reported that the US high tech sector lost 560,000 jobs between January 2001 and December 2002. It is worthwhile to note that during the same period companies sponsored more H1B and other "temporary" visas than the numbers of jobs lost. Obviously, there could not have been a shortage but employers simply wanted cheaper labor.

--The word "illegal" means it's against the law. Just because you think it's right doesn't change the fact that it's illegal. I think they should legalize marijuana, that doesn't mean I shouldn't be prosecuted if I'm caught with weed on my person.

--Illegal aliens bring Americans Third World Momentum. That includes crime, drugs and diseases. Sooner or later, every American community and millions of Americans will be affected as we allow three million illegal aliens breaching our borders annually without regard to their health, criminal background or drug expansion endeavors.

--In 2003, 77 border state hospitals spiraled into bankruptcy. This is because of the millions of people showing up to hospitals without insurance. 65% of whom were illegal aliens.

--In five years, 16,000 cases of multi-drug-resistant tuberculosis breached the Mexican border. In three years, 7,000 cases of leprosy (Hansen's Disease) arrived with immigrants from India, Brazil and the Caribbean. Tens of thousands of cases of hepatitis A transplanted into America. Another South American disease, affecting 14 million and killing 50,000 annually, Chagas Disease, a parasite that attacks the heart and other organs, invades U.S. borders in the bodies of the unchecked illegal aliens.

--The problem of illegal aliens and identity theft: Behind many of the nation’s millions of undocumented workers are someone else's documents. To get a job, illegal immigrants need a Social Security number, and they often borrow one. It's estimated that about 100 thousand or more Americans are sharing their identities with immigrants and don't even know it. If somebody uses your number to get a credit card or car loan, the nation's credit bureau creates a new credit file instead of telling you about it. Just imagine what someone could do to things such as your credit score if they had your identity and there were permanent repercussions for them.

--95% of Mexicans are Catholic. Do we really need any more Catholics? Not really, people that have 12 children because they believe condoms are evil, and people that call someone like the Pope infallible because he wears a funny hat aren't gonna do much for our quality of life as Americans. Over population is gonna be a huge problem in this country with all the Mexicans pouring in here and trying to have as many kids as possible. With this overpopulation comes the cost of America's identity. I don't want Spanish to become a mandatory language in this country.

-- The academic quality of US citizens is dropping because of immigrants. Especially when you consider 66% of Mexican immigrants are high school dropouts and only 4% go on to finish college. Mexican immigration has increased the number of dropouts in the U.S. workforce by 11 percent. Which basically dilutes the quality of product.

--The fact that foreigners can enter our country so effortlessly is scary when thought of in aspects of terrorists. Al-Quaeda could enter America through the same path that the Mexicans take. There needs to be National Guardsmen on our border instead of fighting in some bullshit war across the seas.

--Mexico is NOT a poor country. By sending its teeming masses to our country, the Mexican economy keeps on rising. Mexico has more resources per square mile than the U.S. and plenty of money to take care of its own people. Why should the U.S. taxpayers of this country facilitate Mexico's corruption?

--Mexico is hypocritical: If I were to go into Mexico with no proof of ID and started getting welfare and other "gifts for being lazy" Odds are, I wouldn't simply be deported, I would probably be killed. I can't believe that the Mexican government is calling for the heads of the 2 border patrol agents that shot a drug smuggler in the buttocks who was running drugs into America. The bad part is that the border patrol agents are now in prison and the drug smuggler who was found with 743 pounds of Marijuana was granted immunity. L-A-M-E!!

--Every immigrant that is granted citizenship should have to pass an English exam: The language barrier is a big deal. After watching the movie "Babel" I realized just how many problems can arise without being able to communicate with others. It might sound mean, but I get pissed when I walk into a store or restaurant and the associate that I deal with can't understand me and vice-versa. All I wanna know is that you're at least gonna try to learn English. If you want to live in this country then you should have to embrace our culture.

It's pretty apparent after 7 years with President George W. Douche he is going to continue to turn a deaf ear to all the important issues in America. I doubt if any of the Democratic contenders will do anything about illegal immigrants when they get into office. So basically this blog is all for nothing other than to solidify the fact that 70% of Americans are against illegal aliens and the United States government doesn't do the things that it's citizens ask of it. Here's some stats in closing from to illustrate the financial aspects of illegal immigrants.
>Taxes: Mass immigration costs taxpayers some $87 billion each year. Giving amnesty would nearly triple the already massive federal deficit.

> Schools: Taxpayers fork over some $7 billion each year so illegal alien students can attend public schools.

> Social Security: New proposals to pay retirement benefits to Mexican citizens who worked illegally in the U.S. could cost the cash-strapped Social Security system as much as $345 billion - money that SHOULD be used to pay the benefits WE have been promised.

> Language Barriers: According to economists, poor English skills among foreign-born residents cost more than $75 billion a year in lost productivity, wages, tax revenue and unemployment compensation.

> The Job Market: An estimated 1.8 million American workers are displaced from their jobs every year by mass immigration. Because mass immigration drives down wages, U.S. workers lose an estimated $133 billion a year as a result of open borders.

> Health Care: Mass immigration costs Medicare and Medicaid a whopping $20 billion each year, while federally mandated health care for illegal aliens cost U.S. taxpayers as much as $2 billion annually.

> Welfare: Mass immigration is producing a subculture of government dependents that are nearly twice as likely to be on welfare. Benefits for recent immigrants cost taxpayers an estimated $75 billion each year. (That doesn't include the money they put back in from taxes, but it's still nearly a 12 Billion dollar drain on the economy annually.)

> $ Exported: Mexicans living & working in U.S., sent $12.4 billion to their homeland in the first 9 months of 2004, according to the Bank of Mexico.

> Net Cost: Between 1997 & 2006, the projected total net cost to taxpayers for immigration will be $866 billion.

> Influx: Immigration from 1925-1965 averaged 178,000 per year. As of 2003, we’re taking in approximately 1.1 million legal immigrants & up to 700,000 illegal aliens annually. In 2004, the Border Patrol estimates that 3 million illegal aliens entered the U.S.

> Population: Currently, we have 294 million people, but because of today’s mass immigration, 420 million is projected by 2050.

> Crime: The cost of locking up illegal aliens in CA alone is $1.4 billion a year. These are hard core criminal convicted of gang-related crimes, murder, robbery, drug-trafficking and sex offenses. These undesirable criminal aliens blend in with illegal day laborers and others violating our borders.


Tuesday, March 20, 2007

15 flaws of marriage

I always hear people question me when I tell them that I don't believe in marriage. Society tells us that in order to be a success in the world we need to be married and that being shackled to another person until death is better than individual freedom. Marriage works for many people so if you're married I hope you don't take offense to anything I write here these are reasons that marriage just doesn't compute for me.
#1 Since I was an only child, I think I embrace solitude more than someone from a larger family. I love being alone and having the opition to escape from human contact if I feel like it. The idea of having to hang out with the same person, everyday for the rest of my life seems so boring and trite to me. With a wife you have to come home everynight, and be around her during 90% of your free time. I like variety in who I hang out with. I enjoy the company of a girl, but not the same one everyday. I like to hang with friends but not the same one everyday, I also love being alone, but not all the time. It's about balance, just like people need a good balance of all 5 food groups in their diet, and just like a smart person needs to stay moderate in their political beliefs. Because the minute you say you're 100% liberal and you're focusing all your efforts on bashing republicans that's when the democrats will start pulling some bullshit and you'll be too blinded to even realize what's going on. That's what marriage is, it's like radical politics but instead of government it's radical relationship-ism. (Of course that's a word, I wouldn't make something like that up)
#2 Marriage is basically a religious union. I believe if I loved someone enough I could live with her, and basically have the same life as a married couple. (Kinda like Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell) I beleive in God, however I am extremely opposed to any organized religion. I don't think there is a bigger cancer on soceity than religion. Therefore I refuse to have some bullshit religious ceremony for some Preist/Pastor to tell me when and how I can love my wife. I have more respect for the mindset of a 2 year old than I do for a preist or pastor. I was rased Catholic and I've seen religion work for a great many people, however, I am not one of these people. I've seen it get in the way of too much rationality, logic and science throughout the years. Not to mention most of the wars throughout history have been rooted in religion. Even this bullshit Iraq war is a cultural thing between radical muslims and a neo-con christian president. Therefore for me to get married is like saying that I support religion and that's just not gonna happen. Even if I were to get married in a courthouse, I would still know that the roots of marrige were founded in religion.
#3 I think love is a beautiful thing and I would hate to ruin something as beautiful as that, with paperwork, rules, and licensing. It retains it's purity between the 2 individuals, not the 2 individuals plus a pastor, and the state of Michigan or wherever.
#4 Weddings are a waste of money. Even if the parents are loaded. I've had many of my friends go into a 5 year debt because they wanted to have a fun little party for 1 night and a rented church. It doesn't compute. I would much rather have that money for a down payment on a house and bills. If I ever do decide to bite the bullet and get married, I'm going to Vegas, then I'm gonna get married by Elvis or something for $9.99 + tax. And there will not be a reception!!
#5 I'm realistic about divorce, over 50% of marriage's end in divorce so I'm not so cocky enough in my love for someone that I would dismiss that as a possible outcome. Things happen, people change, different ideals, etc. I don't want to ever go through a divorce, they're messy and people look down on them, even if it was the other persons fault. Because the scales are tipped in such favor for the female. I'm leary of being caught in that trap.
6# As I just mentioned the scales of justice favor the females greatly. If i was a female, it's no big deal because unless the woman gets caught by the cops smoking crack and choking a baby, the state will award her the money, the kids, the house, and the power. Then the man would have to move into his parents house because he wouldn't be able to afford rent, alimony, child support, and the other bills. For a woman, this makes marriage much more low-risk than it is for a man so I can understand why girls get more excited about this type of thing because for them it's a win/win.
#7 I'm very flighty and my opinions and feelings can change with the wind. I don't like anything permanant. The same reason I would never get a tattoo. I love the band Slayer, I have since I was 5 years old. But I would never get a tattoo because what if they started making country albums, then I'd be stuck with a tattoo that I would hate. Well on the flip side of that coin, what if I was head over heels in love with a girl in my late 20's but by my 30's the reality of it is she's a miserable opinated judgemental person that made me dread even going home? Once again, things happen, people change. I've seen marriage change more people than anything else on this planet.
8# Many people that get married are way too young, and I don't think they know what they want in life. If somebody gets married before the age of at least 25 I am just absolutely baffled. I am a completely different person than I was when I was 20. In only 6 years since then I probably wouldn't even recognize myself at the age of 20. I continue to grow and become wiser and with that wisdom I think that 35 is the ideal age to get married if it's something that you must do. My parents were married when my mom was 18 and my dad was 20. My mom was the only girlfriend my dad ever had, luckily it worked out for them but that's rare. There is an entire world of mates out there and to settle before you ever have a chance to know what you're looking for and play the field seems very restricting.
#9 Marriage hinders individuality. There are so many things I want to do with my life. I need to be free in order to accomplish some of these. I was told once by a married woman that in marriage your interests and opinions grow and change together. I replied: "If your opinions grow and change together as you say they do in marriage, then that means you're not yourself anymore, you're comprimising your own uniqueness to satisfy the other person. That means at least one person in that relationship is being fake. Or maybe both." That's no way to live. I like who I am and I wouldn't change for anything. In my relationship of 6 years I was somebody different with my girlfriend than I was when I was alone or with friends. I would never do that again.
#10 There's way too many hot women out there to be tied to one for the rest of my life. I like to go to the bar and flirt with women. I would never cheat on someone but it is flattering to make a beautiful girl laugh and flirt back. With a wife, that whole scene is pretty much over.
#11 Marriage would interfere with my 24/7 obsession with football. I haven't missed a single televised football game in the 2 years that I've been single. That means 15 straight hours of football on saturdays, 10 staright hours of football on sundays. Monday night games, Thursday night games and even when they put the little unranked college teams that nobody cares about on a Tuesday. I watch it all. With a wife I'd feel pressure to pay attention to her, or actually leave the house and do something with my day. I don't need that stress. I'm a football junkie and missing even one game is enough to throw my mind into a state of panic. Football season is 5 months of "me" time. I spend it with my dad, friends, or alone. If a girl can actually hold her own in a football conversation that's extremely hot. However it's very, very, rare. Hmmm. maybe I could find a wife for 7 months out of the year. Anyway this would seem petty to most girls but it's something that I thoroughly enjoy. Once again, I like to be able to do what I want when I want.
#12 Not sure if I want kids. Many couples get married strictly because they have a child together. Sometimes it's to hide the fact that they had pre-marital sex because the parents are ultra-christian. I think anybody that doesn't have sex before marriage is dumb. (stronger than me, but dumb nonetheless) What if your partner sucks at sex? You get to look forward to an entire lifetime of unfullfillment, congrats!! Marriages based on a child can only work for so long. They rarely last. My favorite is when the couple has been miserable with one another since the wedding day but they stay together until the kids graduate. Then afterwards they realize they've wasted their entire 30's and 40's staying with someone they despised. Oh those crazy douchebags!!
#13 I will considered a cheapskate and a loser if I were to propose without a diamond ring. Even if I bought a very expensive ring, it still wouldn't be deemed acceptable in the eyes of our brain-washed society. I will never, ever, ever contribute to the genocide, rape, murder, terrorism, kidnapping, and limb-hacking that diamonds cause every single day in Africa. A diamond is a shiny rock, that is all. If it comes down to me being called a cheapskate in order for an extra five children to live an extra day then you can call me whatever you want. A rock? Or a human life? Maybe to some of you this is a tough decision. Women do seem to a have a fondness for over-expensive shiny things that serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever. (Gold, silver, other bullshit shiny rocks) It's almost laughable, it's like shaking your keys in front of an infant to get them to look at you. Well to me it's not a tough decision. A boycott on diamonds is the only answer, shame on anybody that can profit on such an easily avoidable evil!! Think I'm being unreasonable? Check this out:
#14 Homosexuals should be allowed to marry. I don't know why they'd want to. But they should have that option if they choose. A ban on gay marriage is one of the only forms of facsim that still exsisits in the USA. Homosexuality is NOT a choice. Anybody that has taken a college psychology course will tell you that. Different brain patterns exsist in a gay brain compared to that of a straight brain. Once again I blame the Bible, Koran, and whatever other books of untruths for the weak-minded to justify this fascist agenda. I love women!! They get me hornier than hell. So that being said, why the hell would I CHOOSE to get up in some dudes nasty bunghole? Why the hell would I CHOOSE a life of ridicule, disownment from my family and other loved ones, and a sexual relationship with someone that I'm not even sexually attracted to? It's nonsense to think that ANYBODY would ever make that choice, let alone 1 out of every 10 people on the planet. But getting back to marriage. I don't think it's right that one group of people get special rights and another group gets excluded. What? Are we in the 1950's? That's segregation in its purest form. Neo-cons and religious leaders always talk about the "sanctity of marriage" and gays marrying will ruin that sactity. So I guess they are saying that they are going to divorce their spouses if gays get married. Somehow their own marriage doesn't mean spit if gay can do it too. Gays have jobs, does that mean your job isn't important? Gays eat food, does that ruin the sanctity of your own hunger? What about people like Rush Limbaugh that talk about gays ruining the so called sanctity marriage, Limbaugh has been divorced 3 times!! I think that takes away from marriage more than a gay couple that genuinely love each other for a lifetime. Convicted pedophiles, rapists, wife beaters, and murderers are able to marry as many times as they want if they are released from prison. Is that more acceptable than gays getting married too? People need to mind their own business. What goes on in somebody elses bedroom is no concern of yours. I'm just not like all of the other reindeer, I think gays should be allowed to play in all the reindeer games as well as the straights.
#15 Marriage is a crutch . That about sums it up.

As I said these are reasons "for me" NOT YOU. I didn't mean to offend. I have strong opinions on everything and this is just the beginning. Oh and before you say "Tabor, you've never been married, how can you know how bad it is"? I've lived with a girlfriend for over a year. That's basically what marriage is right? After a year I was about ready to pull my hair out, and she was a great girl. Better than anybody else as far as kindness, beauty, and understanding, in my opinion. If I couldn't find peace with her in the year we lived together, than how can I ever expect to live for 70 years with someone that might not even be as compatible as Kate and I? But my opinions are open, maybe one day I'll meet someone that just floors me and makes me change my entire outlook. I have an open mind. As I said "staying moderate" that's the key" Hope you enjoyed Bloggings vol. 1 I'm outtie-- Your favorite, and mine...Tabor


Pat Robertson: Corruption Incarnate

I posted this formerly on myspace so it's a little outdated but still funny.

I'm sure you have all seen the stereotypical lunatic on TV yelling In The streets making outlandish claims like that the end of the world is upon us, or that homosexuals and abortions are directly linked to hurricanes, tornadoes and other forces of nature. We have seen these people and dismissed them as drunks or crazies; sad humans who were just never able to adjust to rationality. They are people that we would never allow in our homes with our families in a million years. But what if that same lunatic was born into wealth and was given the opportunity to use TV as a medium to spew his hatred and bigotry. Not only that, but he can also manipulate his hatred to be viewed as positivism by saying the name "Jesus".
I think Christianity is something that works for some people. I have Aunts and Uncles that have wonderful lives with all of their faith resting in Jesus as a savior and something to lean on. But something needs to be done about the obvious bias in this country towards Christians. If you don't believe that there is a bias, then look no further than Pat Robertson for proof. Pat Robertson is a horrible, corrupt, insane bigot that founded the CBN (Christian Broadcast Network). He has used his telecasts for numerous deplorable acts and views that are both narrow-minded and harmful to humankind. Before I list some of these atrocities I want you to ask yourself if he would have been able to get away with them if he were not blanketed in the "Immunity of Christianity blanket".
Things he has done: MILITARY SERVICE 1. Throughout his time in the Marines during the Korean War Pat frequently slept with prostitutes and sexually harassed a cleaning girl. (This was testified in a disposition by a veteran in Robertson's' company and proved to be true) 2.Robertsons father, a United States Senator intervened to keep Pat out of combat during the war...Sound familiar? (This was proven also, in fact the letters were made public by the Marine officials). 3.During Pat's presidential campaign he stated that he was a "Combat Marine who served in the Korean War". This of course was false; when other Marines in his battalion heard this they set the record straight. It turns out that all Pat did was supply alcoholic beverages to his offficers. SHADY BUSINESS DEALINGS: It has been estimated that Pat Robertson is worth more than $1 billion dollars! That's "B" -illions!!! How might a man of god make such a wonderful living? Everyone that has donated to his little causes to spread the word of Jesus all over the world should be made aware that the money goes straight into his pocket. The most notable instance was the "Operation Blessing" mission in 1994. Robertson used this tax-exempt, non-profit Operation as a front for his own financial gain. Robertson made emotional pleas on the 700 Club for cash donations for OPERATION BLESSING to support airlifts of refugees from Rwanda to Zaire. It was later discovered that Operation Blessing's planes were actually transporting diamond-mining equipment for the Robertson-owned African Development Corporation, a venture that Robertson had established in cooperation of Zaire's dictator, Mobutu Sese Seko. Of course Robertson wasn't prosecuted for this because the Virginia Attorney General Mark Early, a Republican. Intervened and overruled the recommendation for his prosecution. It is interesting that the largest contributor to Mr. Early's campaign just so happened to be Pat Robertson. Coincidence? Oh and by the way, those Rwandan refugees were not airlifted to Zaire. In fact, most of them were executed. Someone so obviously dishonest and immoral as Pat Robertson would never dare to think that he is better than anyone, right? It would be the pot calling the kettle black, but that has never stopped him from judging others and making outlandish claims. Mr. Robertson is a walking sound byte. Everything that comes out of his mouth is crazier than the last. Here are a few of my favorites. Pat has said that he can pray tornadoes and hurricanes away from him and has done so at least 3 times single-handedly. He claims that there is no such thing as the separation of church and state in the Constitution. He even said- "There is no such thing as the separation of church and state in the constitution. It is a lie of the Left and we're not gonna take it anymore." (The constitution states: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." I think that's obviously a separation of church and state clause.) He has also proposed a "godly fumigation" for non-Christians referring to them as termites. So basically 80% of the world should be executed in the eyes of Pat. Hmmm.... I wonder if Jesus would approve of that? He has called for the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez. (I was under the impression that was illegal if you even mentioned that in your own home. And he's saying it on national TV with no disciplinary action taken against him.) He has called for the stoning of UFO enthusiasts. Not to mention numerous times of encouraging the bombing of abortion clinics. He even endorsed Timothy McVeigh for the Oklahoma City bombing of a Federal building that killed thousands! He's stated many times that men are the leaders of the household and women should just "Learn quietly and submissively". My personal favorite is his belief that homosexuality brings hurricanes, and possibly even a meteor. (I hope you're listening San Francisco, better keep an eye to the sky.) In 2006 the 70+ old Pat Robertson said that he can squat thrust 750 lbs!! (That means he could qualify for the USA Olympic team, so I guess we should keep our fingers crossed that Pat stays alive for the 2008 summer games. That's not a harmful quote from him but it's fucking funny!!
I could go on for hours listing more examples of this man's never ending spreading of hatred, fear, and stupidity but I think you get the idea. The whole point of this piece is to illustrate the simple fact that "Men of Faith" can get away with so much more. Howard Stern is a douschebag there's no doubt about that. But he has come under a firestorm of controversy and he has been taken off the air last year. All Howard has done is act like a pervert on the radio. He tells women how much he wants to sleep with them on a regular basis. But the point is, nobody gets hurt. Even though it's in bad taste, the most you'd have to worry about is teenage boys telling girls how nice their racks are. But Pat Robertson calls for assassinations, genocides, and bombings weekly, and people just look the other way because he's a man of Jesus or worse, they might actually beleive him!! If the FCC should be canning anyone, it's Pat! Since he has so many republican senators on his side I doubt if he'll ever spend a day in jail. But the least someone can do is pull the plug on his broadcasts. I mean that sincerely. -Tabor
P.S. This isn't a knock on Christians, because every christian I know thinks Pat Robertson is a tool and he doesn't speak for them. He preys on the really dumb "christians" that are too illiterate to actually read the bible for themselves. People that let other people form their opinions for them are a detriment to society.


Powered by WebRing.